NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF MANAGERS OF THE WALKER COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT,
WALKER COUNTY, TEXAS, WILL HOLD A REGULAR MEETING, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, ON WEDNESDAY, March 28, 2018
AT 6:00 P.M. AT HUNTSVILLE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
2ND FLOOR MEETING ROOM A, HUNTSVILLE, TEXAS.
- Call meeting to order.
- Consider approving the minutes for the Regular Meeting held on February 28, 2018 and the Special Meeting held on March 20, 2018.
- Comments from the public. If you wish to address the Board of Managers, please register prior to the meeting being called to order.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Board of Managers will convene in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 551.071 to consult and deliberate with the District’s attorneys to discuss the legal issues raised in the possible sale of the Old Huntsville Memorial Hospital properties and the lawsuit and report on the proceedings in the lawsuit attempting to enjoin any sale filed on March 5, 2018 under Cause No. 18-28672 styled Pamela Smither Covington, Miles Allan “Bob” Smither and Murray Smither v. Huntsville Memorial Hospital and Walker County Hospital District, In the 278th Judicial District Court of Walker County, Texas, presently set for hearing on the Request for Temporary Injunction for March 26, 2018.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Board of Managers will convene in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 551.071 to consult and deliberate with the District’s attorneys to discuss the draft agreement from the District’s attorney regarding the abatement of the Notice of Breach Agreement previously sent to the Huntsville Memorial Hospital on January 9, 2018. The attorney will be available by phone to discuss questions regarding this attorney-client communication.
Reconvene: Open Session for action following Executive Session.
- To consider the proposed final agreement from the District’s attorney regarding the abatement of the Notice of Breach Agreement previously sent to the Huntsville Memorial Hospital on January 9, 2018. If agreed, take action on proposed agreement to abate the Notice letter of January 9, 2018 to abate the Notice of Breach.
- Consider approving payment of indigent care bills.
- Review and consider approving the monthly financial report.
- Consider approving payment of monthly bills.
- Approve the recording of March 2018 budgeted indigent care expense in the amount of $560,000.00.
- Consider giving approval to Walker County Appraisal District to accept the bids received on the properties in trust owned by the taxing jurisdictions.
- Comments and reports from managers and HMH administration.
- Adjourn meeting.
Anne Woodard, Chairman WCHD